Friday, April 24, 2009

Eating Hearty & Taking Control

Hello Lovelies!

  For the past 6 weeks I have had freakishly strong food cravings.  I haven't had a clue as to why I was having them until I read in one of my favorite books, The Food Doctor, that stress can cause food cravings.  I have definitely been stressed.  I think I've slept through the night 2 or 3 times in the past 6 weeks, I've endured two cold sores above 
my lip, and have had back pain.

  I let myself 'go' for a while while trying to deal with my stressors on my own by internalizing the stress.  Well, a couple of weeks ago I gave myself a good kick in the brussels and am getting myself on track.  I cannot always control the stressors in my life, but what I can control is how I respond.  So what did I prescribe myself?  More water+exercise+yoga+meditation+prayer.  So far, it's been working.  I've been feeling better mentally, emotionally, and physically.  I haven't been sleeping through the night every night but I do feel the like quality of sleep I have been getting is better than it has been.

 I'm trying to control my food cravings more.  I never got to where I was super over-eating.  But I did spend way to much money eating out! 'I need sushi, right NOW. Let's go!'.  Yeah, one night it's sushi, the next it's fajitas, then burritos, then veggie 
burgers.  My cravings left me with less money in the bank and less recipes to post on Hello Veggie. Uh oh!  So, now I'm getting myself back on track.  The fajita recipe I came up with is just as good as a restaurant, I'm getting back to making sushi from scratch again, and just last night I made some awesome Homestyle Biscuits.  I may not be able to stop the cravings but I do need to plan ahead and make the tasty foods I want at home. Every. Single. Day. That's the goal! 
Here I am, quenching my craving for a 'sausage' biscuit with ketchup.  It was a good morning. I had two. 

 But what are your goals?  Do you need to lose weight?  Exercise? Or just mark 'all of the above' and give yourself a kick in the brussels to start getting healthy? Are you bold enough to set a goal for yourself.....and are you even bold enough to share it here?  
 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jeeeeeenny!! I like this picture of you eating your biscuit! I need you to post a funny post. Like that time you were trying to walk across the quad to your class and you almost got blown over by the wind. Can you do that for me Jeenny? Can you do that for your old pal? Jenny?